[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu frontend upgrade to 9.10 - Myth ignores keyboard input

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Wed Mar 17 17:37:15 UTC 2010

I just upgraded all of my myth boxes last night, including a "dist
upgrade" from 8.04 to 9.04 to 9.10.  I have an MCE USB IR receiver, which
Mythbuntu successfully seems to have recognized as having changed from
mceusb2 to mceusb, but I can't confirm that it works, because my kids have
lost the remote - I'm sure it'll turn up eventually, but you know how that
goes...

Anyway, usually when the remote gets lost by the kids, we use a usb
keyboard as a temporary remote.  This was the situation prior to the
upgrade.  After the upgrade, mythfrontend does not respond to the keyboard
at all.  I can confirm that the keyboard is recognized by the OS (if I go
into a terminal, it works anyway) but no amount of keyboard pounding gets
mythfrontend to do anything.

Anyone seen this?  Any ideas on where to start looking?

Possibly unrelated, but when I first rebooted after the 9.10 upgrade, my
network adapter was in a "disconnected" state and had to be turned on
manually in order to get network connectivity.

Thank in advance,

Greg