[mythtv-users] idle shutdown/suspend on front-end

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Jul 22 11:57:15 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-22 at 06:41 -0500, Craig Huff wrote:
> See MythWelcome/MythShutdown in wiki.

Hrm.  I get the impression that mythwelcome is run before mythfrontend
and can start mythfrontend by a menu selection.  Is that true?  If so,
then once mythfrontend has started will idleness still be triggered?
i.e. I am watching a recording in mythfrontend and hit pause and walk
away -- for many hours.  Will the FE be determined to be idle and
suspend/hibernate during that time?

> Use it all the time with my BE/FE and FE-only systems, along with
> wake-on-lan and hibernation.

TBH,  Yet another key press (from mythwelcome to mythfrontend) to get to
where I want to go is not all that attractive, but if it's a workable
solution (i.e. will it even address the use-case I outlined above), it
might be acceptable.

Cheers,
b.