[mythtv-users] Incorrect programme duration in recordedseek for new recordings.

Ian Macdonald ian at caliban.org
Wed Jan 27 23:01:07 UTC 2010

On Wed 27 Jan 2010 at 17:15:32 +0100, Chris Rouch wrote:

> I have a similar problem, but only on channels that were marked as
> commercial free. Running mythtranscode on these programs fixes the
> problem, but unfortunately marking the channels as having commecials
> (using mythweb) did not fix subsequent recordings.

I can see why mythtranscode fixes the problem. It's the same reason that
running mythcommflag on the files works for me.

On the other hand, it's not immediately obvious to me why marking the
channels as having commercials didn't have the same effect. I would
expect that to cause programmes recorded from those channels to have
mythcommflag run on them. Perhaps 'auto-flag commercials' only gets set
for recording rules created after the change.

> This is only on programs recorded since i upgraded to 0.22. I'm also
> recording analog tv on pvr-150s.
>
> I'd be interested in any permanent fix.

Perhaps the problem only happens to people with old analogue Hauppauge
cards, and there are fewer and fewer of us. There probably aren't many
of us on 0.22-fixes yet, either.

I created a ticket for the bug here:

  http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7978

It's at least good to know that I'm not the only person experiencing it.

Ian
--
Ian Macdonald               | Beware of friends who are false and
ian at caliban.org             | deceitful.