[mythtv-users] Recompiling the kernel to support my tuner

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 14:48:46 UTC 2010

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 12:24:04 am Philip Keymer wrote:
> i There,
>
> This is my first time posting to this mailing list.  So hello everyone :)
>
> I am trying to get my mythbuntu 9.10 install to recognise my Leadtek
> Winfast DTV Dongle gold working and I have tried following the
> instructions at:
>
> http://www..mythtv.org/wiki/Leadtek_Winfast_DTV_Dongle_Gold

That uses the af9015 driver which is definitely in Ubuntu 9.10, no need to
compile it. I am running a TinyTwin which uses the same chipset.

You may need to install the firmware from apt. From the command line do:

  sudo apt-get install linux-firmware-nonfree

Then replug the dongle.

Also if you haven't already, do a update & dist-upgrade. The tuner should
appear in /dev/dvb

If not, report the last few lines of the output from "dmesg"

--
Lindsay
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home