[mythtv-users] Power recording rule to choose between dual feeds

David Engel david at istwok.net
Wed Jan 20 16:21:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 09:54:43PM -0800, Michael Rice wrote:
> Thanks David this is almost working.  One wrinkle is my Center Ice
> lineup does not use consecutive
> channel numbers:
>
> 457 GAME11
> 458 GAME12
> 459 GAME13
> 460 GAME14
> 461 GAME1
> 462 GAME2
> 463 GAME3
> 464 GAME4
> 465 GAME5
> 466 GAME6
> 467 GAME7
> 468 GAME8
> 469 GAME9
> 470 GAME10
>
> So I think I need to convert the callsign to a number and use that
> instead of the channel.
> Hopefully I can figure out how to do that.  Or maybe I will just
> rename the callsigns if
> I have to.

If you go this route, I suggest you manually rename the "GAME?"
callsigns to "GAME0?".  That would make parsing out the number much
easier.  In the example I gave earlier, I initially tried to use the
callsigns as is, but MySQL's lack of a regexp-based replace made it
look to be fairly tedious.  I then switched to using channum to
illustrate the point.

If you're comfortable manipulating the database a little yourself, you
have a couple of other options.  First, you could swap the chanids
around to get the desired ordering and then use them instad of
channum.  That would be pretty tedious to do.  Second, you could
commandeer another field in the channel table that should be unused in
your case.  I assume you're using an STB, so channel.serviceid might
be a good choice.  That would be pretty easy to do, but would have
some risk of unforseen side-effects due to non-standard usage.

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 09:00:05AM -0500, Fred Squires wrote:
> Is it possible to add priority by a variable amount?
> Such as adding the channel number to the priority of the recordings.

That's essentially what I'm showing Michael how to do.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net