[mythtv-users] EIT (DVB-S) data problems

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 13:28:16 UTC 2010

2010/1/5 Christian <CvB at kruemel.org>:

>> The new chanel scanner can ignore encrypted channels and also
>> selectively scan for TV and radio channels. I use a simple script to
>> hide and turn off EIT collection for channels I don't want to use, and
>> to ensure those channels I do want are visible and have EIT guide data
>> enabled.
>
> Do you think you could post that simple script here, please? I have
> no experience at all with mysql, so having a script to copy from would
> be good for a start. (And I'll promise not to ask any questions about
> that script. :-))

What/which satellite(s) are you receiving DVB-S programming from?

To make all channels invisible and turn off EIT collection:

mysql> UPDATE `channel` SET `visible` = '0', `useonairguide` = '0';

Then, selectively turn on visibility and EIT collection for those
channels you want. However, which channels you want visible is
entirely up to you and it will be much quicker if you write down the
service IDs (or another suitable identifier for each channel) to allow
you to do this update via a SQL script.

E.g. for BBC1 London on UK Freesat EPG:

$ cat freesat.sql
UPDATE `channel` SET `channum` = '101', `visible` = '1',
`useonairguide` = '1' WHERE `serviceid` = '6301';

$ mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg < freesat.sql

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott