[mythtv-users] MythTV for TiVo converts

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 15:06:55 UTC 2010

This is a great point; I cant find a decent PVR feature comparison on
any site; even wikipedias is fairly rubbish; it doesnt show off mythtv
to the full in any way. MythTV seems to be built out of two
components; MythTV functionlity and distribution configuration; MythTV
provides much functionality; it requires much configuration and for
many functions, it requires commandline interaction; for instance in
many systems if I want to move a programme from a recording to a
video; I simply drop to the non-10' UI for the programme, drag and
drop the file; the file is easy to identify. In MythTV I need to
either a) use one of the limited user-jobs available to copy/move the
file and then get mythvideo to scan for changes; or; use the command
line; identify which file it is; easy using mythtvfs or mythrename,
but these are not configured as standard on many mythtv setups,
copy/move the file, then get mythvideo to scan for changes.

I would like to work on one; in order to create a proper feature
functionality list; we need to put together the important...
identifying the great points of mythtv; and hopefully identifying its
deficiencies.; which would help us with prioritisation depending on
whatever you, the dev's goals are. Maybe this already exists and I
have missed it?