[mythtv-users] Comcast bricked me above 33 so I bricked Comcast with my wallet

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 22:24:58 UTC 2010

Comcast is gone from my TV viewing life and replaced by DirecTV.

The DirecTV HDDVR isn't as polished as Myth, most especially in the
way scheduling is set up, but it's functional and I'm getting HD on
nearly every channel and a full HD receiver in the bedroom for
$30/month less (for the next year anyway) than I was giving Comcast
for SD and no extra STBs so I'm happy for now.

Not sure when or how I'm going to be able to use Myth again but I'll
leave that for future discussions. I do intend to figure out how to
keep Myth though and it's just really, really nice to have that slimy
company getting less money from me.

Cheers,
Mark