[mythtv-users] Comcast bricked my HDHR above 33 - Los Gatos - 95032

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 22:26:08 UTC 2010

Just reporting in.

Looks like Comcast converted everything in Los Gatos (SF Bay Area)
above channel 33 last night to encrypted. So far as I can tell only my
low channels got recorded last night, everything above channel 33
didn't record. I've reset everything by hand today but none of it
works recording above 33. Myth Live TV only works up to channel 33.
Nothing else seems to play. Live TV says 96% signal strendth on
Channel 63 (Comedy Central here) and lists the program but nothing
starts playing. The channels af course work on the STB.

Called them on the phone and got tech support who basically said "Yes
& tough luck. Use our DVR or don't plan on recording anything."

Granted, I can still record the OTA stuff which is good, and Hulu gets
some of what we'll miss. I can look into another DTA or two and follow
along with the work others have done here recently making them work
which I'm thankful for.

Looks like life just got more difficult, and likely a bit more expensive.

Cheers,
Mark