[mythtv-users] 0.23 (svn 24120) ... missing preview image, frontend slower, arclight tested...

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 00:34:13 UTC 2010

Hi

I upgraded my "mythboxes" to latest svn a few days ago I finally
tested it today.

It is stable, no crashes, no unusual stuff. Problems I found are
missing preview image/video in recordings loading recordings (maybe
even whole frontend) got slower.

Preview image is missing and there are no errors in log (-v most).
According to logs it just does not look for the image at all because
there are no information at all about it in log file

Starting playback of a recording got subjectively slower. It takes 1-3
seconds to start it and I have a feeling it was faster before with
0.22.

This slowness might also be only my problem, because I have only 512mb
RAM in my frontend (1024mb died yesterday).

I tried Arclight theme too. I was positively surprised that this
theme's main menu now has vertical and not horizontal navigation like
on some older screenshots. I love mythvideo with this theme, it is
looking absolutely great although it needed much more time to load
posters, banners and fanart for my videos than Mythbuntu theme.

There is a big problem with viewing recordings list when using
Arclight. It is loading terribly slow, it is totally unusable.
Scrolling from one recording to the next one takes at least five
seconds.

All these problems are probably caused because of not enough memory,
although mythbuntu theme (which is probably much smaller) is working
without any problems with 512mb.

Also the main background image is somehow strange (looks like a small
picture stretched over the screen). That's probably author's intention
but I thought that something is wrong with the theme :-). It is still
a great theme although I will not use it until I get more RAM.

Someone else with these problems? Anyone missing preview image?

M.