[mythtv-users] UK: Problem with Freeview MUX D channels after digital switchover

James Fidell james at fidell.co.uk
Wed Apr 14 22:33:49 UTC 2010

FWIW I'm also seeing (the same, I think) problems with reception from
Mendip after the changeover last week.  I've tried rescanning every
which way, but just can't see ArqB either in MythTV or scanning using
the dvb apps directly.  Before last week I had no problems.  I was
wondering if they'd wound down the power for some muxes.

As a further oddity, even though I have a wideband aerial pointing at
Mendip, I can now pick up some muxes from both Wenvoe and Stockland Hill
which must both be pretty close to 90 degrees from Mendip here (I'm
just outside Wiveliscombe, near the eastern edge of Exmoor).  In fact my
father-in-law (who lives in the "granny annexe") takes a signal from the
same aerial and couldn't get his digital television to accept anything
else but Wenvoe until he did a full re-tune with the aerial lead out
until halfway through the scan (Wenvoe muxes are in the 20s, Stockland
Hill's in the 50s and Mendip's in the 60s IIRC).

I can still get BBC2 and R4, so I'm happy.  There'll be wailing and
gnashing of teeth when the children realise that CITV has disappeared
though.

James