[mythtv-users] 0.21 and 0.22 servers on the same network?

E. Westbrook mythtv-users at westbrook.com
Thu Apr 8 01:01:45 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder if any Gentoo users know whether this can go in
> /etc/conf.d/mythbackend? Or do I have to hand edit the init scripts?

Here's how it's done with most Gentoo ebuilds (that I've come across,
anyway).

Add:

MYTH_EXTRAOPTS="--noupnp"

to the bottom of your /etc/conf.d/mythbackend file.

Then add a ${MYTH_EXTRAOPTS} term in the /etc/init.d/mythbackend file just
before the continuation backslash at the end of the line beginning with
--background.

I can't test right now because all of my tuners are busy, but it's pretty
darn straightforward. :)

$0.02,
EW