[mythtv-users] DCT 6200 Firewire Afterusage

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 19:13:38 UTC 2010

> The proper fix is to use the new MythTV event system to specify a script to
> run after recording stops that changes the channel to a better channel.
>
> Currently there's no distinction between "recording stopped and new
> recording is starting on the same input" and "recording stopped and input is
> not in use."  Therefore, you have 2 options:  either add a new event for
> specifying that the input is not in use, or make a "smart" script that can
> identify if the input is still in use (i.e. by using a combination of a
> delay before changing the channel to SD, and a script for both Recording
> started and Recording finished, and some state information with proiper
> locking).  The actual script is left as an exercise to the reader.
>
> Mike

Mike:

I've looked over the current set of events.  It looks like -- at least
for this purpose -- it would be helpful to have an "input idle" event
when an input goes into an idle state, and both a %INPUT_NUM% and
%TIME_UNTIL_NEXT_USE% parameter that would be passed to the script so
that one could determine which input to operate on and what action to
take (put the box to sleep, for example) -- that is, assuming I
understand the scheme correctly.

If you think this is a reasonable approach, I may try to take a crack
at cobbling this together this weekend.

George