[mythtv-users] lirc, new RC-6 remote, and HVR-2250

Stefan Jones stefan_jones at comcast.net
Fri Apr 2 19:14:47 UTC 2010

> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Stefan Jones
> <stefan_jones at comcast.net> wrote:
> > Until a few days back, I was using the Toth / Linux TV drivers with my
> > Hauppague HVR-2250. They worked fine.
> >
> > I recently updated Fedora 12, and got the 2.6.32 kernel. JOY! Built in
> > support! No more pesky driver recompiles!
> >
> > The kernel support for the tuners works fine. And . . . IR support! Well, maybe.
> >
> > I've been reading the discussions here RE kernel fixes to the 2250's IR
> > equipment. I'm not sure if they're all ironed out, but I have additional
> > questions that I hope someone here can help answer in the meantime:

Thanks for the background. I guess I'll take the batteries out of that remote!

Is Steven also working on support for the HVR boards' IR Blaster? That's actually more pressing a need. I can't add a serial blaster to my system, so right now I'm manually switching the channel on my STB.

In any case, I am grateful for the HVR- support. The 2250 is one cool board.