[mythtv-users] HD-PVR IR blaster

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Tue Sep 1 13:54:34 UTC 2009

On Sep 1, 2009, at 9:40 AM, greg pryzby wrote:

> Jarod Wilson wrote:
>> On Sunday 30 August 2009 13:35:02 Jack Perveiler wrote:

> <SNIP>

>>> Sure, I can understand that :)
>> Or maybe tonight. Both transmit and receive are working perfectly
>> on my
>> own hdpvr now, and I've pushed the bits for this into my git tree.
>> I'm
>> also about to add them all to a new Fedora 11 2.6.30.x kernel
>> build, as
>> well as tack them onto rawhide (current Fedora 12 devel tree).
>
> Sounds like in the next day or two (if not already) it is possible
> to pull the bits, build a kernel and test?

Its possible to pull the bits now (including a pre-build kernel for
Fedora 11).

In thinking about this some more, the assorted options are currently:

1) run Fedora 11, download the kernel I built last night from Fedora
build system:

http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/kernel/2.6.30.5/45.fc11/

2) git clone my lirc driver git tree, build a 2.6.31-rcX kernel (best
to git clone linus' tree off git.kernel.org, then add me as a remote,
I only have 5Mbps outbound).

3) grab just the lirc bits from git, using gitweb's snapshot
capability, i.e.

http://git.wilsonet.com//linux-2.6-lirc.git?a=snapshot;h=d58c0c8000b4f59e09b5e88398389fe4561dc32c;sf=tgz

Unpack them, then 'make -C /path/to/kernel/source M=$PWD
modules' (assumes you have the config vars for lirc properly set, I
think).

If running on pre-2.6.31, you'll want to back out the 2.6.31-specific
i2c changes, which this patch will do:

http://wilsonet.com/jarod/junk/hdpvr-ir/lirc-revert-2.6.31-i2c-changes.patch

4) grab the lirc patches that are in my Fedora kernel build directly:

http://wilsonet.com/jarod/junk/hdpvr-ir/lirc-2.6.31.patch
http://wilsonet.com/jarod/junk/hdpvr-ir/lirc-revert-2.6.31-i2c-changes.patch

The second is only needed for pre-2.6.31.

All of the above also require some patching of the hdpvr driver as it
exists in kernel 2.6.30, using this:

http://wilsonet.com/jarod/junk/hdpvr-ir/hdpvr-ir-enable.patch

That's now a roll-up of things in Janne's hdpvr hg tree that aren't in
the upstream kernel yet, and a few minor additional tweaks that I need
to send over to Janne still.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com