[mythtv-users] 0.22 frontend "keyboard input focus" problem

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Mon Nov 23 04:41:25 UTC 2009

jansenj <jansenj+myth at gmail.com> says:
> I've got a similar problem but specific to when I try to restart a
> video (not recording) from a bookmark.  After I do this, I loose
> keyboard focus.

Jansenj knows this, but for others benefit, this is a known
longstanding problem (#6815) in >0.21 when using LIRC's irxevent to
communicate with mythfrontend.

I had to switch to having LIRC talk directly with mythfrontend. This
entailed the following edits to .lircrc:

* changing all the "prog = irxevent" lines to "prog = mythtv"
* removing "Key" (and, if you have it, "CurrentWindow") from all of
  the "config =" lines
* editing many of the keybindings (PgUp instead of KP_Page_Up, Home
  instead of KP_Home, . instead of period, etc. See
  <URL:http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/LIRC>.)

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array