[mythtv-users] What flavor of Linux are you using?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Nov 20 19:54:58 UTC 2009

On Nov 20, 2009, at 1:43 PM, John Drescher wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Andy Hohenner <hohenner at comcast.net> wrote:
>> I'm in the process of building a new system for MythTV, and am using this as
>> a chance to practice and try something new, so installing from scratch (SVN)
>> and trying out versions of Linux I've not used before...
>>
>> Just tried building with Fedora 11, but just found out they took out the
>> ability to automatically log in (atleast without making edits to conf files
>> that I don't completely understand), so considering trying another version.
>>
>> What flavor of Linux is everyone running?
>>

> Gentoo. I started using mythtv and gentoo in 2004 and my database goes
> back to the first gentoo install.

Mine's bigger. Or something. :)

First recording: Monday October 6th, 2003

That actually pre-dates Fedora Core 1, was still running on Red Hat Linux 9 back then. Running Fedora 12 right now. Currently running the 0.22 packages I maintain in RPM Fusion, but I routinely switch to svn trunk packages I build locally.

/me waits for the "mine's even bigger" posters, I know there are a few of you out there...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com