[mythtv-users] ION "LE" suitable for VDPAU ?

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 21:11:46 UTC 2009

No, not if you only need to run Linux. I'm running my backend under Xen
with a Nova-T 500 pci card with no problems. While my CPU supports hw
virt, I'm not using it since it has higher overhead and, coincidentally,
doesn't support pci passthrough (or at least it didn't in Xen 3.0)

Intersting; however; as you are using a Nova-T500 board I would have thought
that you wouldn't need PCI passthrough. One of the strange things about the
NovaT500 that I heard was that the board used a standard chip (conexant I
seem to recall), but this chip is a USB chip, so they built the board with a
PCI to USB host controller chip (Via on most versions, but not all).

So couldnt you use USB passthrough to hook into the tuners without PCI
passthoug??

sorry, just a thought I've not tried it!