[mythtv-users] slow mythweb?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 25 16:57:00 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> Is that the only route?
>>>
>> 21-fixes needs fixes.
>>
> It needs a lot fewer fixes than trunk.

So all bugs are known? ;-)
The ones I hit (again) in 21-fixes while setting up were a few segfaults.

>> Deleted the database (after a backup).
>> Created the database using the mc.sql file.
>> ran mythtv-setup.
>> Various errors about not existing tables.
>
> That indicates that the procedure you followed to create your new MythTV
> DB is wrong.  Since you won't post actual error messages (for fear, I
> presume, that we could prove that 0.21-fixes actually works), I can't
> tell you what you need to do differently.

I made a ticket, #5250. No fear. I make tickets all the time. ITIL all
the way if you need it.

>> So -fixes looks worse than trunk so far.
>
> Only when you're looking at it wrong.  ;)

After some tinkering setup ran. (all of a sudden)
Inbetween the segfaults the system is more or less configured.
The DVB card is accessed, there is program info, it is 'recording' yet
(AGAIN!) no files are written to disk.
And this is with 0.21-fixes.

Where do I start looking?

There is plenty of space.