[mythtv-users] xbox xebian E images for mythtv 0.21

Chris Hoover tehsnarf at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 04:52:16 UTC 2008

Skitals wrote:

> Monkey Pet wrote:
>
>> Thx Paul!
>>
>> http://yoeu.net/~fa/xebian_mythtv_0.21/xebian_mythtv_0.21-big-20080331-001.tar.bz2
>>
>> http://yoeu.net/~fa/xebian_mythtv_0.21/xebian_mythtv_0.21-big-20080331-001.tar.bz2.torrent
>>
>> On 4/2/08, Paul Fine <pfine at comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>>  I have had the 0.20.2 images seeded for a while, and it appears as is
>>>  people have been able to download them even though I have comcast.
>>>
>>>  When I get home tonight, I will start downloading this image and seed it
>>>  also.
>>>

>>>  Monkey Pet wrote:
>>>  > Hi, I posted the xbox xebian E images for mythtv 0.21 as a torrent.
>>>  > I am not sure if i can seed it though since my ISP is comcast.
>>>  >
>>>  > Instructions here:
>>>  > http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xbox_Install_using_E_Images
>>>  >
>>>  > Let me know if you have any problems with it.

>>>  >
>>>  >
>>>  >

> Anyone having success with this? I downloaded to help seed, and decided to
> try it out (despite the fact I have 0.21 working fine which I upgraded from
> one of the 0.20 E Images). I backed up my e:\debian folder and replaced it
> with this one, and it won't boot. I got a black screen, and nothing else. I
> can't ping or ssh the box, so it's not just a video thing. I copied my own
> xebian image back and its back to normal. Just wonder what's up with that.

Downloaded it a few days ago, but finally got the chance to mess around
with it. Had to change only a few very minor things, but all related to
the backend. Works like a champ, thanks very much for this image. Now my
only problem is getting another capture card so I can watch different
programs in different rooms. My next mission is to find out what items
can be removed, such as the firefox browser and other things, as this is
going to be strictly front end for tv, etc. Anyone have any ideas as to
what's installed, what's vital, and what is just fluff that can be cut?