[mythtv-users] New IVTV Changes

Jeff volckaert jvolckaert at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 13:29:47 UTC 2007

> Well, certainly on my system, which is running a PVR-150, MythTV properly
> sets the capture size and enables VBI-CC correctly.
> Brett.

Adding the following...

/usr/bin/v4l2-ctl --set-ctrl=spatial_filter=4
/usr/bin/v4l2-ctl --set-ctrl=temporal_filter=4

..to my /etc/rc.d/rc.local has greatly increased the smoothness of my
picture.  I did some comparisons last night with new and old Daily
Show recordings an the improvements are very noticeable.  The old
shows are sort of blocky when viewed very close.  The now shows are
smooth.  I'm sure I've been running without the filters for at least a
month or two.  Something seemed off with the picture quality and I
couldn't exactly tell what.

FWIW, I record at 720x480 with a 2.5M bitrate.  This way I can burn a
show to DVD with transcoding if I want to save it.

Jeff