[mythtv-users] WinTV PVR-150 - line at top

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Tue Aug 14 17:59:36 UTC 2007

Michael Cook wrote:
> I have a WinTV PVR-150.  When I play recordings, there's a
> flickering line at the top of the display (seems to be a single row
> of pixels).  (I'm using the MythTv player in my Windows-XP machine,
> in case that matters.)  Does anyone know how I can get rid of that
> line?
>
> Michael

This is easy to fix in Mythfrontend via the playback setup, just adjust
for overscan. However, I have no idea how to compensate for it in the
Windows MythTv Player.

One thing I've been wanting to try is running mythfrontend on Windows
via Xming.
http://www.straightrunning.com/XmingNotes/

This wiki says it can be done using KnoppMyth which means should be able
to do it with any distro.
http://knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=RemoteAccessfromWindows

Mike