[mythtv-users] An offer to test schedulesdirect.org

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Aug 9 17:18:37 UTC 2007

jedi at mishnet.org wrote:
>     There should be an option that doesn't require rebuilding
> pre-existing MythTV installs. From what I've heard, that doesn't seem
> like it will be a problem. I just wanted to throw that out though.

That would be XMLTV...  MythTV hard-codes the data URL to prevent an
onslaught of "I accidentally wiped my db; why can't MythTV find the
download URL now?" type of messages had it been stored in the db or a
config file.

In retrospect, a config file override would probably have been
beneficial, but none of the folks who matter expected Labs to go away.

-Chris