Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Tue Aug 7 18:25:14 UTC 2007

Asher [freedenizen at gmail.com] wrote:
> Well I think it is 2-fold.  On the one hand they don't want people
> freaking out so they want to be reassuring.  On the other, they are
> going to be charging, and they need as many people as possible to be

This is the second oblique reference I've heard to them charging.

Does anybody know if it is going to be a "monthly fee" sort of thing,
or will they have "lifetime" service?  We've been trying to eliminate
all monthly fees (one of the reasons for the wife accepting Myth,
rather than a cable DVR, despite the lower HD video quality).  I'm
afraid if there's no lifetime option, and no decent alternative
scraper, I'll be forced by the wife to switch to one of the non-free
packages which offers lifetime service..  Sigh..

Drew