[mythtv-users] Can we get an update on the status of SchedulesDirect.org?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Aug 6 20:14:53 UTC 2007

On Monday 06 August 2007 13:57, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> > I suppose we could all just put the new IP in our /etc/hosts file
> > as the old
> > name, and tell nsswitch.conf to check files before dns, a
> > little "non-standard", but it should work, as long as the new
> > system is a
> > single static IP. (I think that would be called a "hack").
>
> Oy.. imagine the mail activity on that one. How about just check
> whatever fix is needed into SVN and -fixes and make people upgrade? :)

A LOT of people do not run SVN or -fixes versions, but packaged setups.
Forcing all those folks to start checking out from SVN, or even compiling
fixes trees, would more than likely cause more traffic on this list than a
simple IP mapping hack.

However, I suspect that there will be enough other changes to make such a
simple hack non-workable. Let's hope the various packagers do their usual
good job of keeping up with changes.

--
BEWW