[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.2 and Freecom DVB USB

Matthew McClement mythtv at macker.co.uk
Wed Oct 18 11:54:35 UTC 2006

Julien Fourgeaud wrote:
> On 10/18/06, Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey what freecom card do you have? Model? where did you buy it? I need
>> to get one but I am worried that I will accidentally pick one up that
>> is not supported.. there are several versions of the freecom devices.
>
> I have that one: http://www.freecom.com/ecProduct_detail.asp?ID=2234
> (ID: 14aa:0226)
>
> It works well with linux, was really easy to set up.

Just as a word of warning, the newer Freecom sticks need rounded
frequencies(to the nearest Mhz) to tune successfully in the UK. If you
have any other DVB tuners in your machine you probably won't be able to
share tuning tables with the cards.

The only way I could figure out how to force Myth to use separate tuning
tables for the cards was to have two separate sources for the inputs
which made a mess of the channel numbering and MythWeb's channel view.
Recording and conflict resolution still seemed to work fine though.

If you're looking for a USB tuner, you might want to consider the KWorld
DVB-T 300U. Not as small as the Freecom but it works under Linux, uses a
software pid filter so the entire transport stream can be read and it's
cheaper.

Matt