[mythtv-users] Low speed data port dss

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Fri Mar 26 12:32:50 EST 2004

> Does anyone have a how to on low speed data ports for a dss
> box? I am a little unsure what I am doing. I know step 1.
> hook up serial cable. ;) I just need a help with the software
> side. I got that perl file sony.pl but what do I do next?
> Thanks again Jamison

You need to go into the setup screens on your dss box and set the port to
low speed data rather than home control. Verify your script works by running
it from the command line. If the script you are using does not work you
might want to try the one I relased a few days ago. A search of the archives
should find it.

Bill