[mythtv-users] rca.pl channel changer with new command set..

Kevin J. Slater kslater at pobox.com
Sun Mar 21 21:01:58 EST 2004

Hey all,

I decided to upgrade my ancient RCA DirecTV receiver with one that could
actually do Dolby surround (since we watch a lot of ppv movies). Well
doing that broke my rca.pl script that I use to change channels. I found
a note in the list archives about needing to use the sony.pl script on
Tarek's website. That didn't work either. Some googling turned up a few
hits on the changes to the command set in the later RCA receivers. I've
incorporated that and put the script in my public_html directory. If you
need it, you can retrieve it at:

http://www.pinebluff.dyndns.org/~kslater/rca486rh.pl

I'm sure it will work with other new receivers, but just in case I named
it for my model number. Hope it helps someone else out. This project has
helped me catch a lot of shows we'd miss otherwise. (And I've been able
to skip a whole bunch of commercials in the process.)

...Kevin