[mythtv-users] x-box or cheap PC for frontends?

Phill Wiggin wigginp at mantech-wva.com
Tue Mar 16 14:52:51 EST 2004

Sorry, "LiveCD" might have been something of a misnomer.  I boot my Xbox
with the "Boot from CD" option of MythTV-0.14-1 / XBOX Release 0.3 (see:
http://bit.blkbk.com/ for more details).  It runs just like a LiveCD
with no install to the hard drive.

I can't point you to an .iso since each person's configuration is
different. You modify the mount points in /etc/fstab, your network
settings, etc. as required by your network setup. After you've made your
network-specific changes, you create an iso out of that, then burn the
resulting iso to a CDRW.  (I had _no_ luck with Memorex, but YMMV)

If you have any questions on getting it set up, I'll do what I can. :)

--Phill W.