[mythtv-users] germany and pvr 350: how can I get the tuner work?

DonAnde don.ande at gmx.de
Sat Mar 13 09:52:50 EST 2004

Hello,

I'm still probing for over a week to get it run. I read all howtos I was
able to find but without finding an answer. I'm still a noob, so be
nice:)

I know that the problem is probably ivtv-related, but most of the
ivtv-users use mythtv and ivtv only got a dev-mailinglist so I post
here.

The Problem:
I don't get any channels, I don't know why.

I use gentoo. mythtv is installed and runs. The music plugin works
perfectly. The TV only shows a noisy image no channel.

I know that tv_grab_de changed to tv_grab_de_tvtoday so installed the
new version and made a symlink to tv_grab_de. So mythfilldatabase
doesn't complain for a missing tv_grab_de anymore.

test_ioctl:

test_ioctl -s;
test_ioctl -u 0xff;
test_ioctl -p 4;
test_ioctl -f width=720,height=576;
test_ioctl -v input=3,output=1

mythtvsetup:

capture card MPEG (pvr)
Video device /dev/video0
VBI device /dev/vbio0
Default input tuner0

this is my modules.d/ivtv
alias   char-major-61   lirc_i2c
alias   char-major-81   videodev
alias   char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias   /dev/v4l        ivtv
options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 ivtv_pal=1 mpg_buffers=90
options tuner type=28 pal=1 debug=1
options saa7127 enable_output=1 output_select=1 pal=1
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1 standard=0x03
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 saa7127 tuner
add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c

could someone tell me, what I've done wrong? perhaps there is a german
user who could give me advice.

greetings don