[mythtv-users] mythtvsetup error, mythfilldatabase fails

glen martin glenm at locutory.org
Thu Feb 26 22:08:39 EST 2004

Hoping this isn't a FAQ, since I've looked back through the past month
of this list on my hard-drive, and tried googling ...

New mythtv setup, followed Jarod's guide pretty closely.
Set up two sources, broadcast and DirecTV.  Edited the
resulting DirecTV.xmltv and NTSC.xmltv files to add 'not's.

mythfilldatabase failed, couldn't find .xmltv file. Which doesn't
exist. hmmm.

Then I looked back a ways, and above the trailing output of
mythtvset where it say to run mythfilldatabase, there are some
sql errors.

So at this point I'm not certain what to do.  Did mythtvsetup
complete correctly? Am I supposed to be running
mythfilldatabase multiple times, once each for the different
.xmltv files that were created (which no post I've found has
mentioned)?

Here are snipped logs of the latter part of the install:

adding new channel 907 KKPX

updating /home/mythtv/.mythtv/DirecTV.xmltv..

configuration step complete, let the games begin !
DB Error (simpledbstorage update):
Query was:
INSERT INTO videosource SET sourceid = 0, freqtable = 'default';
Driver error was [2/-1]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Duplicate entry '' for key 2

2004-02-26 16:23:11 Fetching providers for 94070... Please be patient.
DB Error (inserting row):
Query was:
INSERT INTO videosource (sourceid) VALUES (0);
Driver error was [2/-1]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Duplicate entry '' for key 2

DB Error (simpledbstorage update):
Query was:
INSERT INTO videosource SET sourceid = 0, xmltvgrabber = 'tv_grab_na';
Driver error was [2/-1]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Duplicate entry '' for key 2

updating /home/mythtv/.mythtv/NTSC.xmltv..

configuration step complete, let the games begin !
DB Error (simpledbstorage update):
Query was:
INSERT INTO videosource SET sourceid = 0, freqtable = 'us-bcast';
Driver error was [2/-1]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Duplicate entry '' for key 2

If this is the master backend server:
Now, please run 'mythfilldatabase' to populate the database
with channel information.

[mythtv at texada .mythtv]$ mythfilldatabase
QTime::setHMS Invalid time 28:00:00.000
QDate::setYMD: Invalid date 2935-93-02
Refreshing Tomorrow's data
----------------- Start of XMLTV output -----------------
using config file /home/mythtv/.mythtv/.xmltv
/usr/bin/tv_grab_na: Config file /home/mythtv/.mythtv/.xmltv does not
exist, run me with --configure
Error in 1:1: unexpected end of file
Fetching data for Thu Feb 26 2004
using config file /home/mythtv/.mythtv/.xmltv
/usr/bin/tv_grab_na: Config file /home/mythtv/.mythtv/.xmltv does not
exist, run me with --configure
-

Thanks in advance for any help,

glen