[mythtv-users] problems with mythgame

Brian Varney bvarney at nebraskatriangle.org
Tue Feb 24 00:49:45 EST 2004

I just installed a mythtv.  I followed Jarod's awesome "how to" guide.
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php

I'm still waiting for my PVR-350 to come in but I thought I could get
everyting else going first.  I'm having problems getting MythGame to work.
 I have a bunch of NES roms.  That's what I really want to get working.

I can run the games just fine outside of mythtv using fceultra.  I put the
correct path in myth settings for fceultra (sr/bin/fceu-sdl).  I also have
the correct path to my nes roms.

What's the deal with the "nes.crc" file?  I don't have one of those.

When I try to go to MythGame, A progress bar for "finding Mame games"
comes up (even though I have no mame games).  After that's finished, a
progress bar for finding NES games comes up.  Then, it goes to the
MythGame screen but no games are listed.

I also saw something about making sure hiscore.dat and history.dat files
exist.  So I "touch"ed those files but there was no effect.

any ideas, advice, comments?  Thanks.