[mythtv-users] What about this? Hardware mpeg encoding, cheap!

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Mon Feb 23 11:11:45 EST 2004

Quoting Patrick Reynolds <reynolds at cs.duke.edu>:

> Price: 785kr ($112) was the best I could find... not including shipping it
> to the US.
>
> The PVR-250 still looks like the better bet.
Or the M179, which usually runs $80ish.

PVR250s are normally more expensive, unless you get one of the eBay special OEM
boards for $88.  Although I would pay more for a "known working" board than an
unknown.

Might possibly be worth it for some of the European Myth users to investigate
it.  It seems that there are two types of MPEG encoders supported by MCE - One
will work with ivtv, one currently won't, but some people are working on support
for that type (1-2 people on the ivtv list are playing with Avermedia M150
boards, which are the "other" type.)