[mythtv-users] Recordings to DVD

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Wed Feb 11 09:22:13 EST 2004

Thomas Börkel wrote:

> HI!
>
> J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
>
>>> Is there some way to automatically master recordings (done in MPEG2)
>>> to DVD? Possibly with generated menus? I know, there is a plugin for
>>> VDR which does this, but I don't know about MythTV.
>>>
>> I've been looking at doing it but have kind of put it on hold till
>> the MPEG2 to MPEG2 commercial cut code is up to snuff.  I don't see much
>

> What exactly is broken there? Is there a time frame when it will be
> fixed?

Video artifacts, and audio sync issues following cutpoints come to
mind.  I believe I saw that someone was working on it.  The original
author is pressed for time right now so if he has to fix it it'll be
months from now.

Personally, I'm less and less interested in archiving to video DVDs and
more interested in archiving MPEG4 content to backup DVDs so I can fit
several shows on one disk.