[mythtv-users] How does MythTV Networking work?

Scott Nicholson mythtv at scottnic.com
Tue Feb 10 00:05:34 EST 2004

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using an Xbox as a frontend?
(Obviously price is/will be an advantage if they do indeed drop to $100.)

I'd like the frontends to be able to function as DVD players, game consoles
(MythGame/XMame, possibly SNES, NES and Gameboy emulation -- can MythGame
work as a frontend to those as well?) MP3 Players (MythMusic) and web
browsers. Does an Xbox have enough power to do all of that?

Can an Xbox modded to run Linux still run Xbox games as well?

---