[mythtv-users] Guess its time to go buy a TIVO to hear soem Audio.

Tim Gray timgray.geo at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 15:28:53 EST 2004

oops type M179 is what I mean.

the PVR250 is not worth 2X the price even though the
tuner is better (although new ones dont work at all..
new tuner that is incompatable with the ivtv driver..)

the M179 is the way to go for the price/preformance
point.

in fact the M179 gives me LESS trouble than a real
PVR-250  sometimes I cant watch TV throught the pvr250
while the M179 works every single time. (recording
always works on both cards though...)

I would use 2 M179's and call it done.... IF you need
2 tuner cards...  I rarely need to record 2 things at
once and am thinking of removing one of the cards to
build a friends mythbox, and if I want to watch tv
while it records, I use the TV it's self.