[mythtv-users] Myth 0.14 - Version 1.0??

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Mon Feb 9 15:02:41 EST 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

> >This is not the case - I use interlaced mode with my S3 ProSavage (I use a
> >sync converter so I can plug the VGA output directly into the RGB SCART
> >socket on the telly).  the only problem is that S3 are completely
> >unhelpful when it comes to publishing technical docs for their VGA cards
> >or answering technical queries. :(
>
> So you're not outputting an interlaced signal through the TV out then?

I don't have a TV out - I built a small circuit that converts the sync on
the VGA port into a composite sync signal and then I just whack the RGB
output from the VGA connector directly into the SCART RGB input on my TV.
X runs in native PAL resolution and frequency with interlacing turned on.
Details of the circuit are on my website at:
  http://www.nexusuk.org/projects/vga2scart/index.php

The result is a really good quality signal, but the disadvantage is that I
can't use an nVidia card coz I need interlacing, and if I watch low res
videos, the scaling on the S3 card really shows because it does no
interpolation (sucky hardware scaling).  If/when I can get accellerated
nVidia drivers that interlace I will be buying a MX440 for the system.

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/