[mythtv-users] OT: using redhat9 and mythtv0.11 atrpms...can't get lirc to work.

and hons at rcn.com
Fri Aug 29 10:36:07 EDT 2003

I know this is might not be the ideal place to ask about redhat, but as
it relates to mythtv I hope I won't get completely flamed for posing a
few ignorant user questions. So here goes:

I've installed redhat9, atrpm and mythv-suite following the exclelent
and user frendly howto from Jarod, but I can't get lirc to work... Have
anyone managed?

The automatically included lirc rpm seems to be for a more recent
kernel than the one distributed by Berlin and end up in another
lib/modules subdirectory from my running kernel.. 2.4.20-20.4 instead
of 2.4.20-19.23 (the system isn't running, but I think I got the
version numbers correct)

I've tried compiling from cvs source ,but I can't get it to work even
after a complete config-make dep-make-make modules using the included
kernel config....

Can I just switch to a vanilla kernel kernel.org source (2.4.22) or
will that break anything in the Mythtv installation?
It seems the redhat flavoured kernel from Berlin has i2c and other
patches that might be required......
Any insights?

Is there another trick to use to get it to work (i've tried just
copying the drivers to the running kernel module directory, but that
didn't work... ;-)

rgds
anders