[mythtv-users] recording problem with PVR 250

Dana Hata estespark at 141.com
Wed Aug 27 01:07:40 EDT 2003

I am running the PVR 250 with the ivtv driver.  0.10 worked perfectly.

I just installed v0.11 and I am getting this problem.  When I try to
record something, it seems to work OK, but the resulting nuv file has no
video or audio (just black screen).  It does increase in size, however.

Though if, during the recording, I run 'test_ioctl -p 4', and then watch
the resulting .nuv file, I can see that the black screen changes to
normal video and audio at the point I ran test_ioctl.  It's as if mythtv
is not initializing the tv card correctly.

I'll note that I can watch TV normally if I run 'test_ioctl -p 4' after
starting mythbackend. (Only have to do that once and I'm good forever)
I can change channels normally to.  It's just the act of recording which
seems to generate the problem.

It's definitely related to the new release, because I can always revert
to v0.10, and get normal operation (Though even with that one, I always
have to 'initialize' the tv tuner after starting mythbackend as
described above).  But I'd like to use 0.11 for the new features.

Please help,

Dana