[mythtv-users] Re:Two Bugs in Mythtv v0.11 & Two Usability Requests

Todd Greene tngreene at pacbell.net
Tue Aug 26 20:15:47 EDT 2003

Gosh, flames for free from thor.  Let me simplify this then:

-->  " The frontend hangs or crashes " -- Sometimes it crashes, sometimes it
hangs when the backend is down and I try to watch a recording or live TV.  I
don't typically get a "Could not connect to backend server" message.  This
occurs with the frontend distributed (i.e. on a different machine).

-->  "...perhaps you might want to avoid trying to time-shift white
noise..."  -- Thanks, good idea there.  I should probably stop recording
static for later viewing.  Doesn't mean it should hang when I do.  Probably
a problem with the file generated with the hardware-based compression on the
pvr250 anyway.

On-screen help menus and "please wait" messages aren't all that complicated,
or frivolous.  It would be great if open source software could be usable
enough for the general public, and give commercial offerings real
competition.  Mythtv is a good start.  No reason to get defensive 'cause of
a few suggestions.

On the other hand, my bad for sending the message twice, to both groups.  I
deserve a flame or two for that.  After this, I'll restrict these sorts of
comments to the myth-users group.

-- Todd