[mythtv-users] Problems Galore - Could it be hardware?

Reza Naima reza at reza.net
Tue Aug 26 16:29:48 EDT 2003

I'm still experiencing all kinds of problems, and I think I should deal
with the possibility that it's a hardware issue.

System :

ASUS pundit, 2.8G p4, 256k memory, BTTV card, RH9
Kernels Tried : 2.4.20, 2.4.21, 2.6.0-test4

Symptoms :

- audio stutters and gets wacky when I change channels,
  ocasionally i loose audio and mythfrontend says audio buffers are full
- I get these errors in syslog :

	Aug 26 14:54:34 pvr kernel: ALSA sound/core/pcm_lib.c:214:
	Unexpected hw_pointer value (stream = 0, delta: -934, max jitter =
	8192): wrong interrupt acknowledge?

	Aug 26 14:54:46 pvr kernel: bttv0: skipped frame. no signal? high irq
	latency?

- playback stutters a lot and i suffer from a lot of 'rebuffering' while
  watching livetv
- high load avg (3+) while low cpu used (<50%)

Now, I have recompiled the kernel a dosen times now, which is a good
test for integrity of memroy/cpu.  The only the thing I suspect is the
perhaps the motherboard in the pundit.  Emailing others with pundits, it
doesn't seem like anyone else has these issues.  Or could it possibliy
be ramifications from a bad BTTV card?  I'm using the LeadTek TV2000XP.
I think I might buy a PVR card locally to compare.

Are there any tests that I can do on linux -- to verify that the
computer is working as it should?

Reza