[mythtv-users] Multiple directories for MythTV recordings?

Poul Petersen petersp at MATH.ORST.EDU
Sat Aug 2 01:45:54 EDT 2003

> you're kinda stuck AFAIK, unless you can backup the first 80Gb drive somewhere
> else.  this is why I used LVM from the start, knew I'd need more space

	If you're adding a second "larger" disk, you can do this by
creating a Logical Volume on the new disk, copying everything, and then
extending the volume group to the orignal partition/disk. LVM is so cool.
Of course this will all work much better if your media files are in a separate
partition so you don't have to muck around with moving the system (in
other words, it's going to be much harder if you've just got one big
"/". It can still be done, but you'll need to boot from CD and play some
games.) For anyone setting up a new Myth box I highly recommend:

	1) Using LVM
	2) Put the media storage in a separate LV from the OS.

-poul