[mythtv] Proposed Change to MythMusic

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 20:26:28 UTC 2007

On 7/10/07, Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk> wrote:
<snip>
> The UI is difficult, we all know it could be better, but few people have come
> up any better solutions. I'm working on some playlist editing changes right
> now which should make it much easier to use. It's not going to happen
> overnight though as I can't work on it full time.

There was some good talk about the UI about a year ago. I think what
would be nice is a separate UI for those with HDTV's that have the
ability for more information to be shown on the screen, with a more
simple version for SDTV users. That said, the current layout is
immensely wasteful of screen space which makes using it on a SDTV even
worse.
But I agree, the underpinnings need to be solid first.

Glad to hear your looking at spending some serious time with
MythMusic. I've been using it a lot lately with many of the new
patches. It's not perfect, but it at least works, and I have some neat
visualizations thanks to the libvisual patch.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!