[mythtv] Proposed Change to MythMusic

Daniel Burr dburr at veritel.com.au
Tue Jul 10 01:24:57 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 20:26 +0100, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> Lets get this straight - I won't ever support such a move towards a cobbled
> together solution involving different projects, that's taking things entirely
> in the wrong direction IMHO. Now some might accuse me of re-inventing the
> wheel by persisting with mythmusic but I'd rather design the right wheels for
> mythtv than build a vehicle with wheels from a cart, a bicycle , a wonky
> shopping trolley and a tractor. You might just end up with a working
> application for a month or two but it would be a bitch to maintain and even
> harder to setup for the end user.

What if upstream mpd could be factored out into a library + app?
Obviously you're not adverse to using libraries (taglib, flac) so this
could allow MythMusic to have more advanced functionality using a
relatively stable external API.  MythMusic provides the wheels but we
get to have the engine of a Ferrari and the body of a BMW.

DB